How does it work?
The system is supplied with 2 unique driver cards. An authorised driver must have a driver card in their possession when using the vehicle.
- The system will automatically arm itself 70 seconds after the vehicle ignition has been switched off and the driver card is out of range (approximately 3 metres)
- The system will automatically disarm itself when the driver card is brought back in range of the vehicle
- If your vehicle is driven and the driver card has not been detected, a silent alert will be transmitted to the Vodafone Automotive 24 hour Secure Operating Centre, who will contact you to check that a vehicle theft has not taken place
For added security, if the driver card is not present, the system will also generate an alert:
- When your vehicle is lifted or towed away without the keys
- When your vehicle battery is disconnected or discharged
Remote Engine Immobilisation
Remote Engine Immobilisation technology enables Police to authorise Vodafone Automotive to send an alert to the vehicle to prevent the engine being restarted once it comes to a standstill. This significantly increases the chance of your vehicle being recovered undamaged, and can also help Police to avoid high speed pursuit of suspect vehicles.
Vodafone S5 is our top of the range system, you can download our brochure here. Vodafone S5 incorporates all the benefits of the standard Vodafone Protect & Connect 6 system with the added protection of:
- Automatic Driver Recognition (ADR)
- Remote Engine Immobilisation
- The highest level of insurance accreditation available in the UK - Thatcham Category S5
ADR (Automatic Driver Recognition)
The driver card is a discreet pocket-sized card that you carry with you whenever you drive your vehicle. On leaving your vehicle, the system automatically arms itself.
If the vehicle is moved without the driver card present, Vodafone Automotive's Secure Operating Centre is alerted instantly to a potential theft. This means that even if your vehicle is taken using your own keys, the theft is detected immediately.
Thatcham S5 VTR Approved
Vodafone S5 conforms to the highest level of insurance accreditation for stolen vehicle tracking systems, Thatcham Category S5. As such, it offers you the ultimate security protection for your vehicle to prevent vehicle theft.
S5+ replaces the former Cat5 system. Please ensure that the Insurance company has specified the exact product that is required. Failure to do so could invalidate the policy.