Vodafone S5+ with immobilisation
The S5+ category replaced the old CAT5 from 1st Jan 2019. Specification is similar including the remote immobilisation.
Subscriptions of £189 pa. First year's subscription is included in the initial payment
How does it work?
The system is supplied with 2 unique driver cards. An authorised driver must have a driver card in their possession when using the vehicle.
- The system will automatically arm itself 70 seconds after the vehicle ignition has been switched off and the driver card is out of range (approximately 3 metres)
- The system will automatically disarm itself when the driver card is brought back in range of the vehicle
- If your vehicle is driven and the driver card has not been detected, a silent alert will be transmitted to the Vodafone Automotive 24 hour Secure Operating Centre, who will contact you to check that a vehicle theft has not taken place
For added security, if the driver card is not present, the system will also generate an alert:
- When your vehicle is lifted or towed away without the keys
- When your vehicle battery is disconnected or discharged
Remote Engine Immobilisation
Remote Engine Immobilisation technology enables Police to authorise Vodafone Automotive to send an alert to the vehicle to prevent the engine being restarted once it comes to a standstill. This significantly increases the chance of your vehicle being recovered undamaged, and can also help Police to avoid high speed pursuit of suspect vehicles.